Homelessness and Allocations Conference and Exhibition 2017
About the event
Homelessness has never been higher on the housing agenda.
For the sixth year running, rough sleeping statistics show a significant rise in the number of people living on the streets: last year, the figure was 3,569; this year it stands at 4,134 and we know this figure significantly underestimates the problem. But it’s not just the number of people forced to sleep on our streets that’s growing – homelessness in all its forms is on the rise. Tens of thousands of people are living in temporary accommodation including 120,540 children or expected children and statutory acceptances are 43% higher than they were seven years ago. The Homelessness Reduction Act is due for implementation next April and it places new duties on English councils to do more, and sooner, to help people avoid or relieve their homelessness. In such a difficult policy environment, with welfare reform and a lack of genuinely affordable housing bearing down hard on low income and vulnerable households, preventing and relieving homelessness will crucial but challenging at the same time.
CIH Homelessness and Allocations conference is an opportunity for housing professionals from across the UK to meet and consider key policy and strategic issues in a time when homelessness is high on the housing agenda.
As housing professionals work in a challenging environment, it’s more important than ever to come together as a sector and plan for the future. With the Homelessness Reduction Act now law, our speakers will be well poised to share ways in which you can ensure its delivery. A high profile list of speakers from across the UK will be in attendance and will offer insight and expertise on key topical issues
We will provide practical solutions to homelessness prevention, along with a detailed breakdown of how the bill will affect your organisation. Our packed programme will also look at opportunities for housing providers to develop new ways of working, innovative funding models and strategies to address the unprecedented pressures in the sector, and much more!
Join us this November for the annual CIH Homelessness and Allocations Conference; book your place today!
Who should attend
- Senior members of staff including directors, heads of housing and managers who are looking for new strategies and remodelling ideas as well as essential knowledge and skills to equip staff
- Front-line staff looking to keep up to date with the latest developments Local Authorities, ALMO’s and housing association staff to explore new innovative funding models
- Staff working in the voluntary sector who are dealing with a range of lettings, allocations and homelessness strategies and implementation
- Health or welfare teams, and other areas within housing where lettings and homelessness policy can impact others
Exhibition & sponsorship
With a wide range of delegates attending, this conference is an ideal opportunity for your organisation to develop new professional relationships and gain brand recognition. With exhibition packages available and a range of sponsorship opportunities which have been designed to provide your organisation with:
• a platform to promote your products and services
• exposure to your target market across a range of channels and potential touch-points
• an opportunity to establish trust and build a rapport with potential clients
• multiple opportunities to grow your networks and build your contacts
Download the media pack to explore your options
If you’d like to talk about exhibiting or if you’d like us to create a bespoke package for you then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Kirsty (02476 851766) or Sean (0131 221 7753) email@example.com.
|CIH member rate||Standard price|
Option A: Residential both days
|£460 + VAT per place||£490 + VAT per place|
|Option B: Non residential both days||£360 + VAT per place||£390 + VAT per place|
|Option C: Non residential day one only||£250 + VAT per place||£280 + VAT per place|
|Option D: Non residential day two only||
£250 + VAT per place
£280 + VAT per place
Option A also includes bed and breakfast accommodation and the conference dinner as well as attendance on both days of the conference.
- To book your place online, click the grey "book now" button at the top of the page
- For further information please contact CIH events team on 024 7685 1722
*Please read our terms and conditions before making your booking.
Please click here to access the joining instructions.
Kindly sponsored by