Scotland board member vacancies
CIH Scotland is currently recruiting to fill vacancies on its board.
As a board member, your role will involve:
- contributing fully to the business of the Scotland Board
- overseeing the functions of the CIH Scotland through high standards of scrutiny and challenge
- contributing to the development of the CIH's functions in the area in line with its Charter and Byelaws, the corporate plan and charitable objectives
- supporting the implementation of the CIH Corporate Plan in Scotland
- exercising exemplary judgement in the best interests of CIH to provide guidance to the organisation
- to prepare in advance, regularly attend and participate fully in board meetings and other CIH business activities in the area as appropriate
- to contribute as appropriate to working groups established by the board
- to accept accountability for the decisions made by the board
- to develop effective working relationships with other Board members, the Institute staff and CIH members
We are keen to hear from CIH members who are passionate about housing and whilst all applications are appreciated, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented on our board:
• People from Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic backgrounds
• People with disabilities.
For more information on the role of Scotland board members ,please refer to the recruitment pack.
How to apply:
To apply you should submit the following to Callum.Chomczuk@cih.org
• a covering letter setting out why the post is of interest to you and how you meet the role description; and
• a CV outlining the skills/experience they possess in the aforementioned areas; and
The closing date for submissions is 5pm on Friday 2 October and interviews will take place on 14 October.
For an informal discussion on the role of board members or the work of CIH please contact Callum Chomczuk at email@example.com