Homelessness law and the housing (Wales) act
20 September 2018
DescriptionAn understanding of the homelessness prevention approach being pioneered in Wales, under the new housing bill. You will learn the significant changes to the duties owed by Welsh local authorities to those who are homeless.
Exploring how to develop a strategy in relation to the new bill, you will learn how to prevent homelessness using the new duty within the bill. This course will also look at the changes to priority need and the power to discharge.
- Duty to carry out a review and develop a homelessness strategy
- Duty to promote co-operation between housing and social services authorities in relation to homelessness
- Duty of registered social landlord’s to co-operate with local authorities in relation to homelessness
- Homelessness assessment required under the Bill
- Duty to take reasonable steps to prevent homelessness, including the principles of homelessness prevention
- Changes to priority need and intentional homelessness included in the Bill
- The power to discharge homelessness duties with an offer private rented accommodation
Who should attendFor anyone involved in homelessness
Trainer InfoGuy Wardle
Dates & Locations20 September 2018, Cardiff
CIH Members/Housing Partnership Organisations: £149 + vat
Non Members: £199 + vat